ENTRY IN YEAR 7, SEPTEMBER 2024
Entry is based on a combination of a pupil’s latest school report, interview, CAT4 assessments and confidential reference. Separately, Year 7 pupils are invited for a Refresher Experience Day, whilst Year 9 candidates attend an individual Taster Day. In summary:
|Open Morning (plus separately, arranged individual Headteacher appointment for Year 9)
|Saturday 7 October 2023
|Deadline for applications and bursaries
|Monday 31 October 2023
|Experience Day for Year 7 applicants and interview
Taster Experience for Year 9 applicants and interview
|Thursday 16 November 2023
Date arranged with individuals
|Entrance Assessments – CAT4 assessments are sat at Manor House School in the month of November. Academic Scholarships will be offered based on these results.
We may conduct separate Placement Tests for Year 9.
|Tuesday 21 November 2023
|Offers made to candidates of school places (including offers of academic scholarships), and applicable Year 7 pupils invited to apply for Year 7 Art, Drama, Music or Sport Scholarship
|Friday 8 December 2023
|Year 7 entry Art, Drama, Music or Sport Scholarship applications deadline
|Friday 5 January 2024
|Year 7 Art, Drama, Music and Sport Scholarship assessments
|Tuesday 23 and Wednesday 24 January 2024
|Year 7 Scholarship offers made
|By Friday 2 February 2024
|Acceptance of School Place and Scholarships Offer
|First Monday in March 2024
Our current Senior School admissions process for Year 7 and 9, for September 2024 is:
- A tour of the school; at either one of our upcoming Open Mornings when we are offering pupil-guided tours; at the end of the School day; and/or via a member of the admissions team. You may also wish to take up the option to attend a meeting with our Headteacher. This is optional for Year 7 but compulsory for Year 9 where we offer fewer places.
- We will ask you to fill in our Application-Form (£100.00 non-refundable registration fee) by October 31 2023 so that your daughter may attend our on-site Experience Day (Year 7 ) or Taster Experience Day (Year 9) in the Autumn term of 2023 at which she will take part in a short interview.
- Our Entrance Examination Day is Tuesday 21 November 2023. Confirmation of the assessment specifics, time window and duration will be advised to you after registering.
- We seek a reference from your daughter’s current school.
- Offers are subject to receipt of a satisfactory reference and are typically made at the end of the Autumn term. Please note that Academic Scholarships are awarded based on the outcome of our digital entrance assessments.
- Once Year 7 candidates have secured a school place and passed the academic entry criteria, pupils will be invited to apply for an Art, Drama, Music or Sport Scholarship. We hold individual assessments and interviews for girls interested in applying for an Art, Music, Drama or Sport Scholarship and these are currently planned as above.
A school place is only secured following payment of the deposit of £800.00 by the first Monday in March (this is refundable less any outstanding fees/disbursements at the end of your daughter’s education at Manor House School, Bookham).
Submit your application:
ENTRY IN OTHER SENIOR YEAR GROUPS
For all other years of senior entry, and following a tour of the School, we will ask for your daughter’s latest school report as background information before arranging a virtual on-screen appointment with Headteacher, Tracey Fantham. We will then ask you to complete our Application Form. This is followed by arranging for your daughter to sit virtual (on-screen) remote assessments (subject to year of entry) or paper based if necessary, during which time we request a confidential reference and report from your daughter’s current school.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01372 457077 for more information.
Please note our external bursary application deadline is Monday 31 October 2022 for awards applicable from 1 September 2023. Bursaries are timed to be announced in conjunction with scholarships whenever possible.
Submit your application: