Our ‘Virtual Joiner Pack’ has been designed to provide new families, and existing families (who are transitioning into a new area of the School), with all the relevant information required to start the new academic year. Please peruse the site at your leisure and complete the following in each section:
- In Section 1 (below), read the Senior School Handbook or Prep School Handbook 2020-2021, as applicable to you and your child.
- Complete the necessary joiner forms by Friday 10 July – compulsory and optional – in Section 2 (below). Click on the form link, save to your downloads, edit and send forms back to firstname.lastname@example.org (new families) or email@example.com (existing families)
- Uniform – In Section 3, families can access the latest ‘Uniform and PE Kit List’, and our ‘General Regulations and Additional Equipment Guide’ to read about our uniform regulations and additional equipment required. New families should set up a uniform account with Schoolblazer.com at https://www.schoolblazer.com/ and arrange to purchase new and/or second-hand uniform in time for September.
- Senior School Starters (only) – please scroll down the page to watch the recording of the recent Webinar and the three videos in section 4. These will help pupils with the transition into Senior School. Please feel free to email Mrs Tracy Evans, Head of Key Stage 3 at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions in this regard.
- Reception Class (only) – you can view the story-time video from Miss MacKay, sent to individual parents at https://vimeo.com/435050062
Here’s an aerial video of Manor House School, Bookham courtesy of Senior pupil, Tilly, as a reminder of the school site.
1. JOINER HANDBOOKS
2. FORMS TO COMPLETE
If you wish to refer to any of our School policies whilst completing these forms, they can be viewed at https://www.manorhouseschool.org/school-life/policies/
A. Compulsory Forms
i) Please download and complete the following forms, if you are already at Manor House School or are new to the School or Nursery in September.
Minibus Service – NB: All current users of the minibus service will be carried over to the new academic year, however if you wish to withdraw, please contact Mrs Hall (email@example.com) by Friday 10 July 2020. New families should complete the form below.
ii) Please download and complete the following forms 1-8, only if you are new to Manor House School, and return these by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 10 July 2020.
- Medical Form – New Families
- Minibus Booking Form – New Families – wishing their daughter/s to use the minibus service.
- Permission For Outings – New Families
- Code Of Conduct On School Minibuses And General Transport – New Families
- ICT Pupil User Policy Form – New Families
- Data Protection Form – New Famillies
- IPad Acceptable Use Policy Form – New Families – Year 7+ only
- Pupil Passport – New Families – If you have indicated on your daughter’s School registration form that she has identified Special Educational Needs, it would be hugely beneficial to our teachers if you could complete and return the ‘Pupil Passport’. Read more about why in our Letter Explaining Pupil Passport.
B) Optional Forms
Around one-third of our pupils take instrumental music lessons and/or Speech and Drama lessons. Please complete forms 1 and/or 2 only if you would like your daughter to take up these activities:
- Additional (Instrumental) Music Lesson Request Form 2020-2021 – We offer music lessons in over 20 different instruments. Please complete the form if your daughter wishes to take these up as a co-curricular activity.
- Speech and Drama Lesson Information – All Age Groups – Additional Speech and Drama lessons are available for pupils in Years 1 through to Year 11 as a co-curricular activity. Our provider, StageStars, now takes all our bookings online via Class for Kids at https://stagestars.class4kids.co.uk – under Manor House School – LAMDA Tuition – Autumn term 2020.
3. Uniform and Additional Equipment Guides
4. Senior School Starters – Helpful Videos for Year 7+
Student Experience Video
A Typical Day in Senior School
A recording of the Transition Day ‘Live’ Webinar on Saturday 27 June 2020