Structure of the School Day
08.00-08.30 – Early Birds in Arcot Hall/ Breakfast Club in Dining Hall & Nursery
08.30 – Nursery opens
08.35 – Registration for all pupils
08.50 – Assembly
09.10 – 1st Lesson
09.45 – 2nd Lesson
10.20 – Break
10.45 – 3rd Lesson
11.15 – 4th Lesson
11.50 – 5a Lesson – Seniors
12.00 – Pre-Prep lunch
12.25 – Junior Lunch
12.25 – 5b Lesson – Seniors
13.00 – Senior Lunch and Junior Break/Clubs
13.25 – Senior Break
13.25 – Junior Registration and 6a Lesson
14.05 – 6th Lesson
14.40 – 7th Lesson
15.15 – 8th Lesson – Seniors, Junior Form time
15.30 – Pre-Prep – End of School
15.40 – Junior School – End of School
15.50 – De-Registration – Seniors
16.00 – Senior School and Nursery – End of School
15:30-18.00 – Honey Pot after school care
16.00 – Tea in Dining Room
16.00-18.00 – Supervised Prep for Juniors and Seniors in Mason Centre
18.00 – End of school day
Early Morning and Assembly
- Girls up to Year 10 arriving before 8:30am should go to Arcot Hall where they are supervised. No pupils should arrive before 8.00am.
- Breakfast is available in the Dining Room from 8.00am. Girls pay with cash or a pre-paid voucher.
- Girls go into classrooms at the first bell for registration at 8:30am.
- At 8:50am there is a bell for the start of Assembly. Girls must enter the Assembly Hall in silence from 8:45am.
- The form captain sits at the end of her form row. The whole form enters together accompanied by a member of staff.
- At the end of Assembly girls remain seated quietly until dismissed by the Deputy Head.
Assembly Timings and General Structure
Mondays – Whole school. Head or Deputy
Tuesdays – Church or Form Time
Wednesdays – Outside speaker, Form, Whole School or House Assemblies
Thursdays – Whole school or Separate Senior and Junior Assemblies
Fridays – Whole school or Separate Senior and Junior Assemblies
- Prep lunch is at 11:55am, Junior Lunch at 12:25pm and Senior Lunch at 1:05. Staff may eat any time from 12:00 to 1:30pm.
- Pre-Prep have table service. Juniors and Seniors have self service.
- Seniors queue quietly supervised by Year 11. They gather outside Arcot Hall and may only enter through the side door.
- There is a rota for the queue order.
- Girls must clear and clean the tables before being dismissed using the paper towels provided. Normally, the whole table should be dismissed together: individuals may only leave before the table if they have an activity, have cleared their place, and asked permission. No one should leave before 1:20pm.
End of the Day
- Pre-Prep and Early Years finish at 3:30pm.
- Junior form captains collect notices from office at 3:30pm. Junior school ends 3:40pm
- Senior form captains go to the office to collect notices at 3:50pm. Senior school finishes at 4.00pm.
- J3 should be collected from outside the Mason Centre, everyone else going by car uses the ‘pick up’ point.
- Minibuses to the station depart from the car park beside school after 4.00pm.
- Honey Pot after school care facility (for Reception to J3) has tea at 3:55pm.
- Tea is served in the Dining Room at 4.00pm girls for a small charge.
- Supervised prep for Juniors and Seniors is from 4:00pm to 6:00pm in Mason. Any girl who has not been collected by 4:30pm should go into supervised prep.
- No pupils should stay after 6:00pm unless special permission has been obtained from the Headteacher .
- Girls leaving school later than 4:30pm should be collected from prep or the front hall.
For further information on any aspect of School Life, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org