Our Senior School Department is made up of Years 7 to 11. We are a selective school and applicants should be performing academically at nationally expected levels e.g. a girl in Year 6 applying for a Year 7 Senior place should be achieving the equivalent of a Level 4 in Maths and Literacy as a minimum requirement.
Admissions for Year 7, September 2018
Summary Entry Process
- Register your daughter (£75 registration fee).
- Attend the Year 6 Experience Day: Friday 10 November 2017.
- *Deadline for an Art, Music, Drama or Sport Scholarship Application: Monday 20 November 2017. Scholarship Assessment Day: Wednesday 29 November 2017.
- Entrance Examination Day: Friday 12 January 2018 : 8.30am-1pm (incl lunch).
- School Places, Scholarships and/or Bursaries Announced: Monday 22 January 2018.
*We offer a range of senior scholarships; every pupil applying for a Year 7 place is invited to enter. The deadline for Art, Music, Drama and Individual Sport Scholarship entries is 20 November 2017 for Year 7, September 2018 entry. See our Scholarships page.
All applicants will be entered for our Major or Minor Academic Scholarships by sitting our Entrance Examinations on Friday 12 January 2018 from 8.30am to 1pm (including lunch). Test papers include English, Mathematics and Science.
- Arrange a meeting with our Headteacher followd by a personal tour, or attend our next Open Morning.
- Submit your registration form complete with registration fee of £75 to reserve your interest in a school place. We will apply for a reference from your daughter’s current school at this point.
- Your daughter will then be invited to our Experience Day on 10 November 2017.
- If you are applying for an Art, Drama, Music or Individual Sports Scholarship, complete and return the appropriate forms by 20 November 2017. Your daughter will need to attend Scholarships Day on 29 November 2017.
- All applicants are required to sit our Entrance Examinations on Friday 12 January 2018 (8.30am to 1pm) as part of an application for a school place in Year 7.
- Places (and Scholarships) are announced on Monday 22 January 2018 and must be accepted no later than the first Monday in March according to GSA guidelines. Once a place has been offered and accepted, your daughter will be invited to our Transition Day in June.
Admissions Procedure for all other Senior Year Groups (Years 8-10)
Following steps 1 and 2 above, entry is subject to availability of places and completion of an age appropriate assessment in English, Maths and Science.
The deposit payable on acceptance of a Senior School place is £800 (this is refundable less any outstanding fees/disbursements at the end of your daughter’s education at Manor House School, Bookham).