Manor House School in Bookham, Surrey is delighted to announce some “excellent” GCSE subject results and some fantastic individual results for Year 11 girls this year.
Four members of the Core Prefect Team collectively gained 40 A*-A GCSEs:
- Deputy Head Girl, Capucine Holloway – 11 A*-A GCSEs (6 A*, 5 A)
- Sports Captain for Discovery House, Anna Chapman – 10 A*-A GCSEs (8 A*, 2 A)
- Music Prefect, Viola Huf – 10 A*-A GCSEs (5 A*, 5 A)
- Senior Prefect with responsibility for Key Stage 2 and 3, Jemma Wilde – 9 A*-A GCSEs (5 A*, 4 A).
Manor House is celebrating “fantastic” results for:
- Art & Design (Fine Art), Biology, Physics, French and Music – 100% A*-B.
- Religious Studies – 100% A*-A (one Year 10 girl who took the exam a year early achieved an A)
- Latin 100% – A*-A.
- History 80% – A*-A.
- In the individual sciences, 67% of girls achieved A*-A.
- In languages, 79% of pupils achieved A*-B with one Year 9 girl achieving an A* in Spanish.
- In English Literature 96% of pupils achieved A*-C and in English Language almost 50% of pupils achieved A*-B.
- In Home Economics/Food Nutrition/Child Development, 78% of pupils achieved A*-B
- Overall 62% of GCSEs were A*-B throughout the year group (38.2% were A*-A).
“We are delighted with the achievements of our girls this year,” said a Manor House School spokesperson.
“Many have gained excellent grades to add to their many achievements in sport, music and drama throughout the past academic year.
“Our focus at Manor House School is on an all-round education and taking an individual approach to our pupils’ success.”
Newly appointed Head Teacher Tracey Fantham – who joins Manor House School on September 1 – said: “I am excited to be taking over the leadership of the school and looking forward to working with staff and students in the new academic year.”
The school’s next open morning will be on Saturday October 1 2016.
If you are interested in joining the school during this exciting phase in its development, please contact admissions on 01372 457077.