Our Senior School Department is made up of Years 7 to 11.
We are a selective school and expect applicants to be performing academically at nationally expected levels e.g A current Year 6 candidate applying for a Year 7 Senior place should be achieving the equivalent of a Level 4 in Maths and Literacy as a minimum requirement.
Admissions Procedure at age 11 (Year 7)
We offer a range of scholarships at age 11; every pupil applying for a Year 7 place is invited to enter. The deadline for scholarship entries is 31 October 2017 for September 2018 entry. All applicants must sit our entrance examinations on Friday 12 January 2018 to qualify. Test papers include English, Mathematics and Spelling, Grammar and Punctuation.
- Book a personal tour of our Senior School Department and meet with our Headteacher, or attend our next Open Morning.
- Submit your registration form complete with registration fee* to reserve your interest in a school place. This will enter your daughter for our scholarships day (if applicable) held in mid-November and Entrance Examinations Day on the second Tuesday in January. We will apply for a reference from your daughter’s current school at this point.
- If you are applying for a scholarship, complete and return the appropriate forms by 31 October and your daughter will need to attend Scholarships Day in November.
- Your daughter will be invited to an Experience Day before the end of Autumn term and will be required to attend Entrance Examinations Day in January.
- Places are offered in the week following the entrance examinations and must be accepted no later than the first Monday in March according to GSA guidelines. Once a place has been offered and accepted, your daughter will be invited to our Transition Day in June.
Admissions Procedure for all other Senior Year Groups (Years 8-10)
Following steps 1 and 2 above, entry is subject to availability of places and completion of an age appropriate assessment in English, Maths and Science.
The Senior School registration fee is £75 and the deposit payable on acceptance of a Senior School place is £800 (this is refundable less any outstanding fees/disbursements at the end of your daughter’s education at Manor House School, Bookham).